Forbes ranks University of Arizona best college in state
PHOENIX — If you or someone you know is making a decision on where they want to go to college, Forbes recommends becoming a Wildcat if you want to be close to home in the Valley.
Forbes has named the best college in every state and picked The University of Arizona for the Grand Canyon state.
Located in Tucson, the University of Arizona (Top College No. 220) is a public research school founded in 1885 that emphasizes giving students real-world experience in their area of study to better prepare them for the workforce. The university has well-regarded programs in the physical sciences and health. Last fall, UA became the first school in the U.S. to offer an undergraduate degree in law.
The pick for each state was determined by Forbes’ top college rankings, which the Tucson school ranked 220th in. Arizona State University in Tempe ranked 278th and Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff was 579th.
- Arizona arts groups awarded $1.2 million in federal grants
- Ex-University of Arizona assistant coach pleads guilty in stalking case
- Arizona attorney general lawsuit over university tuition dismissed
- ABOR approves tuition hikes at some public universities for next school year
- These Arizona universities ranked among the best in the United States