Forbes ranks University of Arizona best college in state
PHOENIX — If you or someone you know is making a decision on where they want to go to college, Forbes recommends becoming a Wildcat if you want to be close to home in the Valley.
Forbes has named the best college in every state and picked The University of Arizona for the Grand Canyon state.
Located in Tucson, the University of Arizona (Top College No. 220) is a public research school founded in 1885 that emphasizes giving students real-world experience in their area of study to better prepare them for the workforce. The university has well-regarded programs in the physical sciences and health. Last fall, UA became the first school in the U.S. to offer an undergraduate degree in law.
The pick for each state was determined by Forbes’ top college rankings, which the Tucson school ranked 220th in. Arizona State University in Tempe ranked 278th and Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff was 579th.
- Bill to allow stun guns, pepper spray at Arizona colleges passes House
- Arizona agriculture brings $23 billion to the state economy
- University of Arizona picks up $1.6M for serious use of computer games
- UofA doctor working to develop biological test for schizophrenia
- Phoenix-based Western Alliance Bank ranked among best in US