Phoenix-area city to kick off outdoor party series this Friday
PHOENIX — One Phoenix-area city is set to kick off its outdoor “pop-up” dinner party series.
Some new lots in the Old Town section of Peoria were recently cleared, allowing city organizers to put together a party that can “pop-up.”
“We’re going to have 10-plus food trucks coming out,” said Cole Kemp, special events coordinator for the city of Peoria. “We’re going to have live music, some games for the kids to play and just a really good, family-fun environment.”
Kemp explained that there will be a wide variety of food, from Chinese food to Mexican food to hot dogs. There is also a distillery next door that will offer beverages for those 21 and older. There will also be multiple outdoor games including cornhole and life-sized Jenga sets, as well as two live band performances.
“Our special events department is key on supporting events that really bring the community together,” Kemp added.
The first Peoria pop-up dinner party is Friday, December 9 from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. near 83rd Avenue and Peoria Avenue. There will be free admission and free parking. The city will also host pop-up dinner parties the second Friday in Jan., Feb. and April.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Motorcyclist killed by impaired driver in Phoenix crash
- Phoenix residents buy gates to block alleys — with city’s blessing
- Phoenix police can now crowdsource evidence of crimes from residents
- 45 dogs and cats needing medical attention seized from Phoenix shelter
- Police: Man jumped out of moving car, driver arrested in Phoenix