Wrong-way driver smashes into SUV on Interstate 17 near Phoenix
PHOENIX — Three people were hospitalized after a wrong-way driver in a truck collided head-on with a small SUV on Interstate 17 late Monday.
The two people in the SUV suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries in the 11 p.m. accident. The driver of the truck had minor injuries.
The wreck closed northbound lanes at Anthem, just outside of Phoenix, for nearly four hours late Monday night and into early Tuesday morning.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the pickup truck was going southbound in the northbound lanes.
No other details were available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake is supportive of tax plan but wants tweaks
- First case of hantavirus in 2017 reported in northern Arizona
- Man admits to trying to steal train near downtown Phoenix
- Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston denies groping Uber driver in Scottsdale