PHOENIX — Three people were hospitalized after a wrong-way driver in a truck collided head-on with a small SUV on Interstate 17 late Monday.
The two people in the SUV suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries in the 11 p.m. accident. The driver of the truck had minor injuries.
The wreck closed northbound lanes at Anthem, just outside of Phoenix, for nearly four hours late Monday night and into early Tuesday morning.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the pickup truck was going southbound in the northbound lanes.
No other details were available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Extra restrictions in place for Phoenix area freeways this weekend
- More than $1.66M raised for Phoenix Children’s Hospital during Give-A-Thon
- Arizona Supreme Court OKs law penalizing cities for destroying guns
- Phoenix police shoot suspect armed with knife approaching them
- Arizona members of US Congress ask president not to pardon Arpaio