Wrong-way driver smashes into SUV on Interstate 17 near Phoenix
PHOENIX — Three people were hospitalized after a wrong-way driver in a truck collided head-on with a small SUV on Interstate 17 late Monday.
The two people in the SUV suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries in the 11 p.m. accident. The driver of the truck had minor injuries.
The wreck closed northbound lanes at Anthem, just outside of Phoenix, for nearly four hours late Monday night and into early Tuesday morning.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the pickup truck was going southbound in the northbound lanes.
No other details were available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- New zip line gives visitors a thrilling view of the Grand Canyon
- Phoenix restaurant Coup Des Tartes to permanently close its doors
- Arizona plan to combat opioids would limit dosages, amounts
- Arizona has just 21 foster families for refugee children
- Joe Arpaio files appeal to undo contempt of court conviction