Storm brings rain for Phoenix, snow elsewhere in Arizona
PHOENIX — It snowed where it was expected to snow in Arizona over the long holiday weekend but for the Phoenix area, the cold meant waking up to 40 degrees Monday, after rain and wind ended the break.
The National Weather Service reported winds gusted up to 48 mph during Sunday night’s storm.
Plenty of yards will likely be a bit of a mess in the Valley after the wind. The prettiness went to the snowy places.
The extended forecast in metro Phoenix was for mostly sunny skies and temperatures in the low to mid-60s. Monday’s high was likely to top out at 60 degrees or so with winds considerably calmer. By midnight, chances for rain were around 20 percent.
- Mesa mayor appears to call Trump an ‘idiot’ in talks with Sen. Jeff Flake
- Phoenix neighborhood to get cheap access to bike share after grant
- National Park Service seeks ways to manage non-native fish in Arizona
- Mexican officials find pot-launching bazooka near Arizona border
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving