Storm brings rain for Phoenix, snow elsewhere in Arizona
PHOENIX — It snowed where it was expected to snow in Arizona over the long holiday weekend but for the Phoenix area, the cold meant waking up to 40 degrees Monday, after rain and wind ended the break.
The National Weather Service reported winds gusted up to 48 mph during Sunday night’s storm.
Plenty of yards will likely be a bit of a mess in the Valley after the wind. The prettiness went to the snowy places.
The extended forecast in metro Phoenix was for mostly sunny skies and temperatures in the low to mid-60s. Monday’s high was likely to top out at 60 degrees or so with winds considerably calmer. By midnight, chances for rain were around 20 percent.
- Tempe child has tooth pulled by accident using toy car
- Ex-postal worker admits stealing packages that had marijuana
- Valley coach suspended by USA Gymnastics for sexual misconduct
- Study: Arizonans among least tolerant of neighbor’s political yard signs
- Arizona man pleads guilty to killing Utah youth rehab worker