Fatal collision near Northern Ave., delays are expected
PHOENIX — Phoenix Police Department responded to collision just after 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 27 involving two pedestrians and a vehicle in the area of 1900 W. Northern Ave.
Police are reporting that the two pedestrians are both male, one about 50-years-old and the other 12-years-old.
Witnesses indicated that both pedestrians were crossing against the red in the crosswalk when the collision happened. Police do not believe impairment was involved in the accident, and the driver stayed on the scene.
Both victims were transported to the hospital, and the adult male has now been pronounced dead. The younger victim is in critical condition.
The police department is conducting an investigation and advises the public that the area may be restricted for the next few hours.
- Phoenix police searching for hit-and-run suspect in fatal crash
- Phoenix police join law enforcement agencies in lip sync battle
- Suspect from Phoenix officer-involved shooting in custody, police say
- Southbound I-17 reopened at Indian School Road after police incident
- Mesa man arrested for impersonating officer; tried to pull over troopers