Fatal collision near Northern Ave., delays are expected
PHOENIX — Phoenix Police Department responded to collision just after 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 27 involving two pedestrians and a vehicle in the area of 1900 W. Northern Ave.
Police are reporting that the two pedestrians are both male, one about 50-years-old and the other 12-years-old.
Witnesses indicated that both pedestrians were crossing against the red in the crosswalk when the collision happened. Police do not believe impairment was involved in the accident, and the driver stayed on the scene.
Both victims were transported to the hospital, and the adult male has now been pronounced dead. The younger victim is in critical condition.
The police department is conducting an investigation and advises the public that the area may be restricted for the next few hours.
- Surprise police failed to notify residents of 22 sex offenders in area
- Man shot, arrested after running from police in West Valley
- Body of missing elderly man found in West Valley canal
- Thieves steal puppies worth thousands from Phoenix-area pet store
- Blue Alert canceled after man who allegedly dragged cop surrenders