Phoenix firefighter Chris Fitzmaurice dies in ATV accident
Phoenix Fire Department Capt. Chris Fitzmaurice was killed in an ATV accident in Northern Arizona on Friday, the department’s Facebook account confirmed Friday afternoon.
“Captain Fitzmaurice was a 20 plus year veteran of the Phoenix Fire Department and a beloved and cherished member of our fire family. Words simply fail us at this moment to express the magnitude this loss,” the United Phoenix Firefighters Association wrote on Facebook.
Fitzmaurice is survived by his wife and four daughters, and the organization has set up a GoFundMe page that will help the family.
Donations of less than $500 can be submitted here.
For donations in excess of $500, please contact the United Phoenix Firefighters Association offices at 602-277-1500.
“We ask of you to please make a generous donation to help out the family of a hero who dedicated his life to helping others in his career with the PFD. We thank you in advance for anything you can do to assist with this very important cause,” the Phoenix Fire Department wrote.
- Funeral for Phoenix firefighter set for Peoria church, veterans’ cemetery
- Off Central: Phoenix firefighter grateful after lifesaving heart transplant
- D-backs, Boys and Girls Club team up to give kids new bikes
- Phoenix Fire Department investigating house fire, gas leak
- Crews recover body of trapped worker days after drill rig topples