Phoenix firefighter Chris Fitzmaurice dies in ATV accident
Phoenix Fire Department Capt. Chris Fitzmaurice was killed in an ATV accident in Northern Arizona on Friday, the department’s Facebook account confirmed Friday afternoon.
“Captain Fitzmaurice was a 20 plus year veteran of the Phoenix Fire Department and a beloved and cherished member of our fire family. Words simply fail us at this moment to express the magnitude this loss,” the United Phoenix Firefighters Association wrote on Facebook.
Fitzmaurice is survived by his wife and four daughters, and the organization has set up a GoFundMe page that will help the family.
Donations of less than $500 can be submitted here.
For donations in excess of $500, please contact the United Phoenix Firefighters Association offices at 602-277-1500.
“We ask of you to please make a generous donation to help out the family of a hero who dedicated his life to helping others in his career with the PFD. We thank you in advance for anything you can do to assist with this very important cause,” the Phoenix Fire Department wrote.
- Former Phoenix Fire Chief Alan Brunacini dies
- Family taken to hospital, used barbecue grill to warm home
- Arizona search and rescue unit returning home after hurricane duty
- Phoenix firefighters coming home after helping Harvey, Irma victims
- Phoenix firefighters sent to Georgia to help with Hurricane Irma aftermath