Sedona transforms into a romantic winter wonderland
PHOENIX — Most parts of Arizona can’t relate to much of the Christmas song “Let It Snow”, but the overall romantic tone to it can be felt from anywhere. According to Travel + Leisure, it’s especially felt in Sedona.
The website took a look at the top romantic winter destinations, and Sedona, Arizona found itself near the top of the list.
This spiritual desert oasis looks especially alluring in winter, when the rust-red mountaintops are dusted white. With mild days and the crowds thinned out, solitude-seeking couples have Sedona’s spectacular hiking trails practically to themselves. Meandering drives through majestic canyons, sunrise hot-air balloon rides, and New Agey spa treatments all heighten the romance factor.
While many people might try to escape the snowy weather, some Arizona couples might drawn to it. Not accustomed to typically winter environments, heading up to Sedona to experience a brief taste could be enough to satisfy any craving.
The list recommends visitors to stay at the Canyon Villa, an 111-room bed and breakfast just outside of the town.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this weekend
- McCain viewed more favorably among Arizona Dems than GOP, poll finds
- Has Republican Party been redefined under Trump? Sen. Jeff Flake says so
- Ex-high school teacher in western Arizona arrested in sex investigation
- Jaguar known to roam Arizona mountains believed to be dead