A new film exclusive to Netflix depicts a young President Barack Obama arriving in New York City for his junior year of college.
“Barry” takes place in the fall of 1981 during Obama’s junior year at Columbia University, where the president of the Untied States majored in political science.
The biopic shows Obama going through a difficult phase in his life, struggling between different social circles and being unsure of where he fits in as a half-white, half-black man living in New York City.
“Barry” looks to tackle many issues that still are present 35 years later and are prevalent in Obama’s experiences of having a mother from Kansas and a father from Kenya.
“Barry” comes out on Netflix Dec. 16.
- Former president Bill Clinton pokes fun at himself with ‘balloon’ tweet
- New trial requested in ‘Making a Murderer’ case
- ‘The Dark Crystal’ prequel series set to launch on Netflix, filming to begin in fall
- Jeff Flake: Wiretapping of Trump Tower by Obama ‘just didn’t happen’
- McCain wants Trump to provide evidence of Obama wiretapping