Trailer for Netflix film ‘Barry’ depicts young Barack Obama living in New York City
A new film exclusive to Netflix depicts a young President Barack Obama arriving in New York City for his junior year of college.
“Barry” takes place in the fall of 1981 during Obama’s junior year at Columbia University, where the president of the Untied States majored in political science.
The biopic shows Obama going through a difficult phase in his life, struggling between different social circles and being unsure of where he fits in as a half-white, half-black man living in New York City.
“Barry” looks to tackle many issues that still are present 35 years later and are prevalent in Obama’s experiences of having a mother from Kansas and a father from Kenya.
“Barry” comes out on Netflix Dec. 16.
- Weekly wrap-up: Here are some of the biggest stories of Nov. 5 week
- Watch stars of Netflix’s ‘Stranger Things’ perform as Motown group
- The Latest: Netflix boots Kevin Spacey from ‘House of Cards’
- Netflix to end ‘House of Cards’ amid Kevin Spacey sexual assault claims
- Website reveals spooky correlations between ‘Stranger Things’ and 1980s