Fire department: Hiker falls, dies on Phoenix mountain
PHOENIX — A hiker fell from a trail and died on a Phoenix mountain on Wednesday, a fire official said.
Phoenix Fire Department Capt. Rob McDade said the hiker — an adult male in his 60s — fell on Lookout Mountain.
Firefighters were working to recover the man’s body.
Lookout Mountain is near Thunderbird and Cave Creek roads.
- Phoenix search and rescue team saves 17 adults, kids from Harvey floods
- At least 50 Arizona rescue officials sent to Texas to help with Harvey
- Crews pluck hiker off Camelback Mountain in overnight rescue
- Phoenix street closed for hours after semi-truck crash spills jet fuel
- Officials looking for Texas woman missing in Grand Canyon find a body