PHOENIX — A hiker fell from a trail and died on a Phoenix mountain on Wednesday, a fire official said.
Phoenix Fire Department Capt. Rob McDade said the hiker — an adult male in his 60s — fell on Lookout Mountain.
Firefighters were working to recover the man’s body.
Lookout Mountain is near Thunderbird and Cave Creek roads.
- Crews pluck hiker off Camelback Mountain in overnight rescue
- Phoenix street closed for hours after semi-truck crash spills jet fuel
- Officials looking for Texas woman missing in Grand Canyon find a body
- No boom: Arizona’s statewide ban on fireworks resumes Friday
- ‘Emergency Room on Wheels’ coming for Valley stroke victims