Come together: Donald Trump calls for national unity in Thanksgiving message
President-elect Donald Trump called for the nation to begin to unify after a brutal election season in a Thanksgiving message posted to YouTube on Wednesday.
“Now begins a great national campaign to rebuild our country and to restore the full promise of America for all of our people,” he said. “I am asking you to join me in this effort. It is time to restore the bonds of trust between citizens. Because when America is unified, there is nothing beyond our reach, and I mean absolutely nothing.”
In the video, Trump said he is praying for Americans to use Thanksgiving as a reason to come together.
“In declaring this national holiday, President Lincoln called upon Americans to speak with ‘one voice and one heart,'” Trump said. “That’s just what we have to do.”
The president-elect closed the video be encouraging Americans to give thanks for what they have and the future that lies ahead.
- Families with Arizona ties included in lawsuit challenging border separation
- Arizona Republicans confident Trump, Kim Jong Un meeting will continue
- Brewer: My heart broke after hearing about McCain cancer comment
- US says crossing is full before caravan tries to seek asylum
- Judge rules against ending program to protect Dreamers