Ski resort in eastern Arizona to partially open over Thanksgiving weekend
PHOENIX –If you’re looking for a getaway of a snowy nature over Thanksgiving weekend in Arizona, you’re in luck: At least two of the state’s ski resorts will be open.
Sunrise Park Resort said the mountain will be open for the first time this season between Thursday and Sunday, but there is only enough snow in certain areas.
“It’s a great time to get on the snow and break out the equipment in preparation for the upcoming season,” Brian Bressel, Sunrise Park Resort general manager, said in a press release.
Sunrise said the beginner areas will be open, along with Lift 2. It will also offer skiers and snowboarders some terrain park features, Ski School and equipment rental. There will also be areas for snow play and sledding, along with scenic ski lift rides.
Sunrise will be offering discounted lift tickets over the holiday weekend. Anyone looking to hit the slopes will pay $20, regardless of age, and those looking to take a scenic ride will pay $18 per adult and $15 for younger people and seniors.
The park said it is working to create more snow to fully open for the ski season, though no timetable was given.
Last weekend, Arizona Snowbowl, located in the northern part of the state, opened some of its lifts after weather issues forced it to delay several times.
- Arizona highways will not be closed, restricted over Thanksgiving weekend
- Arizona State Parks, REI team up to offer Black Friday alternatives
- Here are some Phoenix-area restaurants to eat at on Thanksgiving
- Arizona organization to offer free towing ahead of Thanksgiving
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving