Power outages spread throughout Glendale and Peoria
According to APS, the cities of Glendale and Peoria are experiencing heavy power outages due to a service interruption with a major power line.
Over 6,000 households are estimated to have been affected by the power outages. The majority of people dealing with loss of power are in the west side near Happy Valley Road. Other houses minus power are on the east side near Scottsdale Road.
Currently, APS estimates the power to be restored by 12:30 a.m., but updates are happening on the interactive outage map.
- Study shows Phoenix is most stressed city in Arizona, Scottsdale the least
- Manchester United, Club America soccer match to snarl West Valley traffic
- 3 Arizona cities rank among best in nation for first-time home buyers
- Deadly car crash in Phoenix leaves an estimated 500 people without power
- MCSO locates inmate who walked off work site in Glendale