According to APS, the cities of Glendale and Peoria are experiencing heavy power outages due to a service interruption with a major power line.
Over 6,000 households are estimated to have been affected by the power outages. The majority of people dealing with loss of power are in the west side near Happy Valley Road. Other houses minus power are on the east side near Scottsdale Road.
Currently, APS estimates the power to be restored by 12:30 a.m., but updates are happening on the interactive outage map.
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses
- APS gets approval, will hike monthly power bills in Phoenix area
- University of Phoenix Stadium on list to host World Cup games
- Justice Department sues Glendale after National Guard member fired
- Child dies after being pulled from Peoria pool