Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest provides Arizona State Capitol Christmas tree
PHOENIX — The Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests handpicked a big blue spruce for this year’s Arizona State Capitol Christmas tree. This is the first time that the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests have chosen the State Capitol tree.
The blue spruce was cut from the Greens Peak area of the national forest on Nov. 17 and delivered to the State Capitol the next day.
Decoration of the tree has already begun, and the lighting ceremony is set for Nov. 28 at 9:30 a.m. Governor Doug Ducey will do the honors of flipping the switch and officially bringing in the holiday season.
The Christmas tree will be on display in the lobby of the Executive Tower at 1700 W. Washington Street.
- Arizona lawmakers block bump stocks debate after Florida shooting
- After deadly Florida shooting, what is Arizona doing about gun control?
- Ofo, dockless bike share system, kicks off operations in Mesa
- Arizona Super Show to be held at University of Phoenix Stadium
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver