A major car accident has closed the Loop 101 Price Southbound freeway at the junction at the US 60, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Tempe Fire Department is reporting that seven vehicles were involved in the crash, two of the cars catching on fire. There were a total of ten people injured, two of which were triaged as trauma patients and transported to a trauma center.
Remaining eight victims received minor injuries, and seven of the eight declined treatment or transportation to a hospital. The final person had not yet decided.
No one was found in the vehicles on fire, and the fire has now been extinguished.
Currently, ADOT is reporting to expect heavy traffic and delays in the area.
- Extra restrictions in place for Phoenix area freeways this weekend
- ADOT begins wrong-way vehicle detection project on I-17, closures set
- Mesa man arrested, accused of using stolen identity of brother for 28 years
- Wrong-way accident shuts down Interstate 17 near Phoenix
- SR 51 will have restrictions in Phoenix this weekend