Report: Crash closes Loop 101 Price Southbound near US 60
A major car accident has closed the Loop 101 Price Southbound freeway at the junction at the US 60, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Tempe Fire Department is reporting that seven vehicles were involved in the crash, two of the cars catching on fire. There were a total of ten people injured, two of which were triaged as trauma patients and transported to a trauma center.
Remaining eight victims received minor injuries, and seven of the eight declined treatment or transportation to a hospital. The final person had not yet decided.
No one was found in the vehicles on fire, and the fire has now been extinguished.
Currently, ADOT is reporting to expect heavy traffic and delays in the area.
- Interstate 10 rest stop between Phoenix, Tucson closing for 6 months
- Interstate 17 bridge damage restricts traffic in central Phoenix
- Ramps connecting Interstate 10, Loop 303 in West Valley open to traffic
- ADOT, other groups work to move chuckwallas for South Mountain Freeway
- Wreck backs up traffic on Loop 101 North in Chandler