What is your opinion on micro-investing apps?
Honestly, I’m not a big fan of micro-investing apps. As you probably know, the word “micro” means small.
So why would you want to mess with something like that? Are you going to have a micro-retirement? Do you want to be micro-wealthy? I don’t.
I want to be really wealthy with a big retirement and a big life full of outrageous giving.
It’s fine if you want to give micro-investing apps a try. I’m not going to be mad at you or anything like that. But these things function kind of like deals where the marketers say you get 1 percent back.
It’s like credit cards, where silly people spend $100,000 in order to get $1,000 in brownie points.
You’ve got to do more than micro, because micro means what it says — small. I guess you could argue that at least you’re doing something, but if that’s your only plan you should prepare to be pretty hungry during retirement.
When it comes to investing, why not go big? Go big, or go home!
- Dave Ramsey says: Write check to cover roof work instead of financing
- Dave Ramsey says: Insurance agent gave bad advice on taking loans
- Dave Ramsey says: Get a real job first, start food truck business later
- Dave Ramsey says: Never take a loan against retirement
- Dave Ramsey says: Make grown daughter stand on her own