As several wildfires continue to rage throughout San Diego County in California, ABC News reports there has been at least one death as a result of the blazes.
Firefighters find badly burned body in a Carlsbad, Calif., transient camp during wildfire hot spot check, city says – @CeciliaVegaABC
— ABC News (@ABC) May 16, 2014
CNN reports eight fires continued to burn Thursday “in a patchwork” across the county. More than 10,000 acres have been affected since the the first fire appeared Tuesday.
The first blaze, the Bernardo Fire, erupted Tuesday in San Diego County. The next day, a spate of new fires popped up — each one separate from one another, each posing its own dangers.
Disregarding the fires, the weather outside in the area hasn’t been friendly lately. Temperatures in the high-90s to low-100s have been reported. The state as a whole is still in the midst of a drought, with San Diego County among the hardest hit.
On top of the drought, the Santa Ana winds have helped many of these fires race, challenging the hundreds of firefighters on the ground and in the air. These are typical for October and November, but Cal Fire Assistant Region Chief Thom Porter notes, “we’ve had this kind of wind … every month this year.”
Investigators are still trying to confirm the cause of the blazes. San Diego County Supervisor Bill Horn told CNN he suspects some or all them may have been set off purposefully.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development