According to Phoenix Business Journal, Scottsdale Police executed mock SWAT raids at the iconic Harkins theater in Scottsdale before the building was demolished.
Danny Wasson, president of Mesa-based Wasson Commercial Contracting, the company tasked with demolishing the theater, confirmed that Scottsdale Police performed the practice raids. Wasson went on to say that he appreciated the overall work put into the construction of the theater.
This was not only as iconic building, but one built to last a very long time. The design and integrity of the building were something we rarely see anymore and made this a very complex demolition project. We are proud to have been able to a part of this project and to be able to work for a great partner like Macerich (mall owner).
Harkins Theaters recently opened up a new theater opposite of the original Camelview last year named Camelview 14 at Fashion Square.
- Driver crashes through fence, lands in Scottsdale pool
- Crash on Scottsdale street takes out power to neighborhood
- Study shows Scottsdale pays more toward safety costs of entertainment district
- Scottsdale Tourist Information Center moves to Fashion Square
- Famous Harkins Camelview 5 ‘mushrooms’ to be restored, relocated