Scottsdale ranked second-best place to retire in America
After finishing up a long working career, the next big decision on the horizon is deciding if you’re in need of a change of scenery.
If the answer is “yes”, then according to Income Investors, Scottsdale, Ariz., should be on the list.
If you love desert living, then you should seriously consider Scottsdale, Arizona as a retirement destination. And not just because of the warm and dry climate; there are other reasons why this suburban outgrowth of Phoenix is one of the best places to retire.
The state of Arizona does not Social Security checks and offers many favorable financial conditions to retirees. In Scottsdale, there are more than 15 retirement communities and assisted living centers.
There are also plenty of mountains to hike and golf courses to play. But ever if you are not into those activities, keep in mind that The New York Times once described downtown Scottsdale as the desert version of Miami’s South Beach.
The website ranked Scottsdale as the second-best destination to retire, behind Tampa, Fla. While the overall cost of living is slightly above average at 100.7 of the cost of living index, Scottsdale offers many amenities throughout the city.
In addition to Scottsdale having a suburban outgrowth and all of the financial benefits, it was also recently listed as one of the most attractive cities in America.
- Arizona officials report slight uptick in St. Patrick’s Day weekend DUI arrests
- Check out these highlights from 2018 Luke Days featuring the Blue Angels
- Phoenix area posts second-largest increase in construction jobs in US
- Multiple Arizona cities chosen as top places to retire, Scottsdale ranks first
- Free speech lawsuit against Arizona State University reaches agreement