PHOENIX — With the General Election well in the rear-view mirror, Maricopa County Recorder Helen Purcell has announced that the approximate 3,000 early ballots that hadn’t been tabulated are now completed.
The total number of early ballots left to be counted in Maricopa County were in excess of 300,000 shortly after the election on Nov. 8.
Purcell stated that the remaining early ballots would be tabulated after Thursday, Nov. 17, and the recorder explained in a press released that the official results will be announced on Monday, Nov. 28.
A grand total of 52,174 provisional ballots were cast on Election Day, but it was deemed that 36,922 were valid and 15,252 were invalid.
- Chase Field dispute between D-backs, county heading to arbitration
- Arizona members of US Congress ask president not to pardon Arpaio
- Flood-warning devices go into place on 2 more Maricopa County roads
- Study says Maricopa County home to second-most UFO sightings
- Maricopa County animal shelter offering free adoptions