Movies in a Minute: ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’
“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” was released Friday and I have good news: This movie will appeal to more than just “Harry Potter” fans.
It’s actually a really good movie. I thought Eddie Redmayne was captivating in his quirky role as a Newt Scamander, who adventures all over the world to find — you guessed it — fantastic beasts.
Though this is a prequel to the “Harry Potter” films, it is set 70 years prior to that successful series and only maintains a few mentions. There’s no real connection, so don’t feel like you’ll miss out if you haven’t watched the original series.
Also, I have to say the special effects are really good in this movie.
- Visually spectacular ‘First Man’ might be among best movies this year
- Review: Disappointing ‘Life Itself’ spends too much time wallowing
- ‘A Quiet Place’ isn’t just a horror movie, it’s a cinematic experience
- ‘Ready Player One’ is why we go to the movies
- Special: Debate over gun violence in schools divides Arizona experts