Man arrested for drunkenly running across tarmac at Phoenix Sky Harbor
PHOENIX — A man was arrested earlier this month after he allegedly ran across the tarmac at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport while drunk.
The Phoenix Police Department said it responded to a call about 11:45 p.m. on Nov. 6 after 24-year-old Dalton James Reimer was spotted on the tarmac by employees.
Police said it is unknown how Reimer gained access to the tarmac. It is surrounded by a fence.
Police did not confirm other reports that Reimer had walked on a runway. However, he was found on a taxiway, which planes use to access runways.
Reimer was charged with trespassing.
Reimer was in Phoenix for work. He lives in Iowa.
- Phoenix police ask city officials for new helicopters, airplanes
- Interstate 17 closes in Phoenix as police talk down suicidal man
- Man killed in Phoenix after shootout with police
- Police searching for missing woman after toddler found abandoned
- Phoenix-area airports see increase in passenger numbers in January