Man arrested for drunkenly running across tarmac at Phoenix Sky Harbor
PHOENIX — A man was arrested earlier this month after he allegedly ran across the tarmac at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport while drunk.
The Phoenix Police Department said it responded to a call about 11:45 p.m. on Nov. 6 after 24-year-old Dalton James Reimer was spotted on the tarmac by employees.
Police said it is unknown how Reimer gained access to the tarmac. It is surrounded by a fence.
Police did not confirm other reports that Reimer had walked on a runway. However, he was found on a taxiway, which planes use to access runways.
Reimer was charged with trespassing.
Reimer was in Phoenix for work. He lives in Iowa.
- Phoenix officer injured in crash identified, remains critical
- Phoenix police, highway trooper vehicles crash helping in pursuit
- I-10 near Sky Harbor to be restricted overnight this week for maintenance
- Suspect down after officer-involved shooting in Phoenix
- Phoenix City Council OKs funds for police to take anti-bias training