Boston Strong: New ‘Patriots Day’ trailer is released
It was a terrible and tragic day in American history that will never be forgotten, especially by those in Boston.
To make it more real for the rest of the country, the Boston Marathon bombings and what took place after has been made into a movie called “Patriots Day.”
The bombings occurred on April 15, 2013, and killed three spectators while wounding hundreds of others. Two terrorists were identified as the culprits: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his brother Tamerlan. Tamerlan Tsarnaev died in a shootout with police that same day, while Dzhokhar was captured four days later.
The movie, which is set to be released on Dec. 21, tries to capture the emotions of Boston that week.
“Patriots Day” stars Mark Wahlberg, J.K. Simmons, John Goodman and Michelle Monaghan. It was directed by Peter Berg.
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- ‘Black Panther’ scores mighty $25.2 million Thursday debut
- Video shows an in-depth look at the making of iconic travel trailer
- Mobile laundry trailer for homeless people launches in East Valley
- Al Pacino takes on Joe Paterno in an upcoming HBO movie