Boston Strong: New ‘Patriots Day’ trailer is released
It was a terrible and tragic day in American history that will never be forgotten, especially by those in Boston.
To make it more real for the rest of the country, the Boston Marathon bombings and what took place after has been made into a movie called “Patriots Day.”
The bombings occurred on April 15, 2013, and killed three spectators while wounding hundreds of others. Two terrorists were identified as the culprits: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his brother Tamerlan. Tamerlan Tsarnaev died in a shootout with police that same day, while Dzhokhar was captured four days later.
The movie, which is set to be released on Dec. 21, tries to capture the emotions of Boston that week.
“Patriots Day” stars Mark Wahlberg, J.K. Simmons, John Goodman and Michelle Monaghan. It was directed by Peter Berg.
- ‘Monsters University’ named most popular Disney-Pixar film in Arizona
- Watch 3 ex-presidents talk about John McCain in trailer for HBO movie
- Tempe man attempts to run Boston Marathon course four times in 24 hours
- Former ASU runner Desiree Linden wins Boston Marathon
- Phoenix firefighters rescue abandoned horse from wrecked trailer