Disney releases official trailer for ‘Beauty and the Beast’ remake
PHOENIX — After much anticipation, Disney has released the official trailer for its live-action remake of the popular fairy tale “Beauty and the Beast.”
This latest version of the childhood favorite will take viewers back in time while also appealing to a modern audience. The film features a star-studded cast that includes the likes of Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as Beast, and is set to hit theaters March 17.
The official trailer debuted Monday on “Good Morning America.” Disney released a teaser trailer last spring that only gave fans a first look at the new Belle character.
In contrast, the official trailer now shows nearly the entire ensemble of characters at the magical castle, and reveals the modernized version of Beast.
The original “Beauty and the Beast” was the third highest-grossing films of 1991 and became the first animated movie to be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars.
- Second trailer out for ‘Only the Brave,’ Granite Mountain Hotshots film
- How young is too young for your kid to see ‘It’?
- Box Office Top 20: ‘It’ devours competition with $123.4M
- Filmmaker from Scottsdale to debut ‘Girl on Wave’ surfing documentary
- Trailer released for ‘Only the Brave,’ film about Granite Mountain Hotshots