Look out below: Get a first-person look at a parachute jump into Sun Devil Stadium
TEMPE — If you never plan on doing a parachute jump out of a plane onto a football field full of screaming fans but want to know what it looks like firsthand, you’re in luck.
The Golden Knights, a U.S. Army parachute team, jumped from a plane onto the football field at Sun Devil Stadium prior to the Arizona State Sun Devils playing against Utah Thursday.
A gorgeous view of Tempe at night from above is followed by the pull of the parachute as the jumper gets closer to the field. At a surprisingly far distance, the cheers from the crowd can be heard as the jumpers land on the field.
The jump was a part of the school’s Salute to Service presentation before the game.
- Former Mill Avenue arcade bar Endgame gets new spot, to reopen
- ASU’s online business school’s MBA program named top 5 in nation
- ASU professor awarded $6.4M grant to test canine cancer vaccine
- Ready, set, go: Registration for 14th annual Pat’s Run kicks off this week
- Fiesta Bowl brings Overwatch Championship to the Valley