Look out below: Get a first-person look at a parachute jump into Sun Devil Stadium
TEMPE — If you never plan on doing a parachute jump out of a plane onto a football field full of screaming fans but want to know what it looks like firsthand, you’re in luck.
The Golden Knights, a U.S. Army parachute team, jumped from a plane onto the football field at Sun Devil Stadium prior to the Arizona State Sun Devils playing against Utah Thursday.
A gorgeous view of Tempe at night from above is followed by the pull of the parachute as the jumper gets closer to the field. At a surprisingly far distance, the cheers from the crowd can be heard as the jumpers land on the field.
The jump was a part of the school’s Salute to Service presentation before the game.
- Enrollment rate at Arizona public universities rises in 2017
- Nearly 300 veterans in Arizona committed suicide in 2016, report finds
- ASU professor resigns after being outed as sexually abusive priest
- ASU aiming to make Sun Devil Stadium a year-round activities hub
- ASU students to host free health fair for the homeless