TEMPE — If you never plan on doing a parachute jump out of a plane onto a football field full of screaming fans but want to know what it looks like firsthand, you’re in luck.
The Golden Knights, a U.S. Army parachute team, jumped from a plane onto the football field at Sun Devil Stadium prior to the Arizona State Sun Devils playing against Utah Thursday.
A gorgeous view of Tempe at night from above is followed by the pull of the parachute as the jumper gets closer to the field. At a surprisingly far distance, the cheers from the crowd can be heard as the jumpers land on the field.
The jump was a part of the school’s Salute to Service presentation before the game.
- Body found on ASU’s Tempe campus; no indication of foul play
- Grand Canyon University makes list of top 10 college campuses in country
- ASU bringing Amazon’s ‘Alexa’ into classes, new dorm
- International students find assistance adjusting to life at US universities
- ASU welcomes record freshman class size for fifth year in row