Main Street Minute: Restaurant chains feeding veterans for free
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A number of restaurants in the Valley are feeding veterans and active duty military personnel for free Friday. IHOP is serving pancakes until 7 p.m.; Denny’s is dishing out Grand Slam meals until noon; Red Robin is offering free Double Tavern burgers and bottomless fries; All 15 Fired Pie locations are offering free pizzas and the McDonald’s at 10th Street and Indian School is providing McCafe coffee drinks to veterans and Veterans Affairs employees who show ID.
• Desert Dentistry is offering free services for veterans Saturday at its four Valley offices. Appointments and walk-ins are accepted.
• Companies including Apple One, Chase Bank and Fry’s Food stores are hiring Friday in Scottsdale. The job fair runs from 1:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. at the Goodwill Pavilions career center near Indian Bend and Pima roads.
- Arizona restaurant chain ordered to pay nearly $160K for violating labor act
- Baja Fresh coming back to Phoenix area; 2 restaurants to open before fall
- Six Phoenix-area restaurants named among best in US for outdoor dining
- Celebrate International Sushi Day at the best Phoenix-area sushi spots
- Culinary Dropout is expanding in Phoenix, closing Little Cleo’s