Phoenix to host annual Veterans Day Parade, some streets will be closed
PHOENIX — The city of Phoenix will host its annual Veterans Day Parade on Friday and some streets will be closed for several hours to make way.
The parade will go south on Central Avenue from its starting point at Montebello Avenue. It will then swing east on Camelback Road before heading south on Seventh Street, where it will finish at Indian School Road.
To minimize the impact on traffic, the city is using a rolling street closure plan, blocking more roads as the parade start time gets closer.
The parade is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m.
This year, the parade’s theme is “Welcome Home Vietnam Heroes.”
There will be 18 floats in the parade, with at least one dedicated to those who served in Vietnam.
In addition, there will be 15 marching units, seven bands, dozens of color guards and military vehicles and more.
- Phoenix-area child transported to hospital with gunshot wound
- Carroll Shelby’s 1966 Shelby GT to be put up for auction in Scottsdale
- Number of construction projects at Phoenix-area hotels on the rise
- Phoenix-based Western Alliance Bank ranked among best in US
- Arizona remains in drought despite recent rain, snow storms