Missing man returns safely to Phoenix-area home, Silver Alert cancelled
PHOENIX — An elderly man who was last seen in the West Valley in the middle of the afternoon was found safe, cancelling the Silver Alert that had been issued.
Herbert Bernet, 87, returned safely to his Sun City West home Friday.
His wife reported to the authorities that she believed he had driven away from the Sun City West home he shares with his wife Thursday between noon and 2 p.m.
His wife had last seen him in their garage. When she checked again later, he and their car were gone.
- MCSO sheriff says his department is improving on racial-profiling reforms
- DNA evidence leads to Arizona arrest in baby abandonment
- Study says more Arizona teens using opioids without prescription
- Dave Ramsey says: Plan ahead to budget for dream house
- Poll says Arizona voters would support soda tax to fund education