Missing man returns safely to Phoenix-area home, Silver Alert cancelled
PHOENIX — An elderly man who was last seen in the West Valley in the middle of the afternoon was found safe, cancelling the Silver Alert that had been issued.
Herbert Bernet, 87, returned safely to his Sun City West home Friday.
His wife reported to the authorities that she believed he had driven away from the Sun City West home he shares with his wife Thursday between noon and 2 p.m.
His wife had last seen him in their garage. When she checked again later, he and their car were gone.
- Tempe child has tooth pulled by accident using toy car
- Ex-postal worker admits stealing packages that had marijuana
- Valley coach suspended by USA Gymnastics for sexual misconduct
- Study: Arizonans among least tolerant of neighbor’s political yard signs
- Arizona man pleads guilty to killing Utah youth rehab worker