Another new trailer released for ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’
After the craziness that was the 2016 presidential election, we think everyone could use a little good news.
Enter “Star Wars.”
The franchise released a new international trailer for its latest film, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” this week. We already thought the movie looked pretty promising, but only one word fits the new trailer:
And we actually learn a lot more about the film in the new trailer.
We already knew that “Rogue One” would star a female protagonist, Jyn Erso, played by Felicity Jones. We knew she was someone who came from a criminal background who was recruited by the Rebel Alliance to help defeat the Empire. We knew that new weapon was the Death Star.
(SPOILER ALERT FROM HERE ON)
In the last trailer, we learned why Erso was recruited: Apparently, her father has information on the Death Star’s new super-laser weapon. He may have built it, he may have designed it, we’re not sure.
We also learn that Erso is from a planet that at least recognizes the Force. There’s a rumor floating around that it may be the planet where special stones — we know, it sounds crazy — are found and used to build the famous lightsaber.
Also, there’s more Darth Vader!
“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” will be released Dec. 16. We may or may not already be waiting in line.
- Britney Spears’ ‘Toxic’ goes with just about any movie scene
- New ‘Star Wars’ films to be written, produced by ‘Game of Thrones’ duo
- Here is the first plot synopsis for upcoming ‘Solo’ Star Wars film
- Written math equation recreates famous ‘Star Wars’ theme song
- It feels like Ewan McGregor is gearing up for an Obi-Wan Kenobi spinoff