Jeff DeWit: Donald Trump does not have list of Republicans who didn’t vote for him
PHOENIX — Donald Trump’s campaign COO Jeff DeWit dismissed a rumor Wednesday that the president-elect has been keeping a running list of Republicans who voted against him.
“I have never heard of that and I have never seen such a list,” he told KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Bruce St. James and Pamela Hughes.
The rumor was started by former “The Apprentice” contestant and Trump supporter Omarosa Manigault. She told the Independent Journal Review that Trump and his supporters are keeping tabs on who actually supported him in the election.
“I would never judge anybody for exercising their right to and the freedom to choose who they want. But let me just tell you, Mr. Trump has a long memory and we’re keeping a list.”
Manigault did not tell the Independent Journal Review what Trump planned to do with the supposed list.
DeWit said keeping such a list would serve no purpose.
“I don’t think any sort of a list like that is never helpful, in anything,” he said.
And he clarified that, should he learn of a list along those lines, he would make sure it is destroyed.
“If I ever hear of a list like that, I’ll burn it. I’ll throw it in the fire.”
- Stormy Daniels’ lawyer takes case of kids in Phoenix removed from parents
- President Trump signs executive order to end family separation policy
- Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman ordered into custody
- Sen. John McCain criticizes Donald Trump for ending Korean war games
- Trump delivers warning on trade as he leaves G-7 summit