It’s here! Voters have their say at the polls and on social media
The day we, as voters, have all been waiting for — choosing a new president of the United States — has finally arrived.
Americans have sat through round after round of candidate sniping between Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton, not to mention embarrassing revelations of said candidates.
Finally, Election Day is here and based on the internet, people are still excited to vote. After all, the winner will make history: either a political outsider or a woman will be running the White House.
Twitter was alight with the anticipation and even exhilaration. Hurray for us!
There were helpful tweets:
And there peculiar tweets:
Civic duty fulfilled, America.
- Sen. Jeff Flake presses for action to back US intelligence agencies
- Russia’s Trump takeaway: Putin basks in post-summit glow
- Arizona groups aim to register 200,000 voters by midterm elections
- Trump tweets, hits links before high-stakes Putin meeting
- Hashtags are valuable marketing tools for businesses on social media