Main Street Minute: 2 restaurants opening in East Valley
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Two restaurants are about to open in the southeast Valley. The Phoenix Business Journal reports the fast-casual Mediterranean concept Fresko will open Tuesday near 51st Street and Elliot Road in Phoenix. La Sala Tequila Cantina will open later this month near Queen Creek and Dobson roads in Chandler.
• State Farm, Chase and Direct Energy are just a few of the companies taking part in a big job fair Monday. The event runs from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Tempe Center for the Arts near Mill Avenue and Rio Salado Parkway.
• Banner Health recently completed the acquisition of nearly three dozen urgent-care facilities in Phoenix and Tucson, adding 400 employees. Banner is the state’s largest private employer with more than 40,000 employees.
- Here are the best Irish pubs in the Valley to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- Here are Arizona’s best restaurants when it comes to wine lists
- Check out Arizona’s favorite places to eat based on OpenTable reviews
- Phoenix-area Starbucks turns away teen on horse in drive-thru
- Ex-radio host Keillor hopes sex harassment charges will fade