Plethora of Arizona leaders named to NCAA Final Four Committee
PHOENIX — The Phoenix Local Organizing Committee has announced its ambassadors and board of directors for the 2017 NCAA Final Four this spring, and there’s no shortage of prominent Arizona leaders on the list.
Named as ambassadors were Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, USA Basketball Managing Director Jerry Colangelo, Arizona Cardinals President Michael Bidwill and Mayo Clinic Director of Sports Medicine Dr. Anikar Chhabra.
The four ambassadors were chosen to represent the pillars of Arizona’s first Final Four — service, competition, hospitality and the student-athlete experience. In addition, a 28-member board of directors was selected to provide leadership and oversight to the PLOC.
“This outstanding group of leaders exemplifies the widespread community support for the 2017 Final Four,” said Dawn Rogers, PLOC executive director and CEO. “Their extensive range of experience and statewide connections have been invaluable. We’re grateful to our board members for offering their time and talents to ensuring that Phoenix showcases the standard of excellence this iconic even deserves.”
Among the chosen board of directors were Arizona Diamondbacks CEO Derrick Hall and Arizona State Athletic Director Ray Anderson.
The 2017 Final Four will take place on April 1 and 3 at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
- Gov. Doug Ducey calls special legislative session for opioid-crisis bill
- Arizona is home to the nation’s fifth-highest poverty rates
- Phoenix trial set for man accused of making bomb parts for jihadists
- Scottsdale named among best cities for renters, Glendale among worst
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend