PHOENIX — The Phoenix Local Organizing Committee has announced its ambassadors and board of directors for the 2017 NCAA Final Four this spring, and there’s no shortage of prominent Arizona leaders on the list.
Named as ambassadors were Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, USA Basketball Managing Director Jerry Colangelo, Arizona Cardinals President Michael Bidwill and Mayo Clinic Director of Sports Medicine Dr. Anikar Chhabra.
The four ambassadors were chosen to represent the pillars of Arizona’s first Final Four — service, competition, hospitality and the student-athlete experience. In addition, a 28-member board of directors was selected to provide leadership and oversight to the PLOC.
“This outstanding group of leaders exemplifies the widespread community support for the 2017 Final Four,” said Dawn Rogers, PLOC executive director and CEO. “Their extensive range of experience and statewide connections have been invaluable. We’re grateful to our board members for offering their time and talents to ensuring that Phoenix showcases the standard of excellence this iconic even deserves.”
Among the chosen board of directors were Arizona Diamondbacks CEO Derrick Hall and Arizona State Athletic Director Ray Anderson.
The 2017 Final Four will take place on April 1 and 3 at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
- Phoenix libraries hosting program to learn about solar eclipse
- Express Scripts mail-order pharmacy to limit opioids
- Arizona high court rules domestic violence testimony needs scrutiny
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally