Donald Trump rushed off stage by Secret Service at campaign rally in Nevada
RENO — Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump was rushed off a stage by Secret Service at a campaign rally in Nevada.
Shortly before being taken off the stage, Trump was seen shielding his eyes from the light to get a better look at what was going on in the crowd.
Members of the Secret Service were shown going into the crowd as Trump was brought off the stage.
A statement released by the Secret Service said an unidentified individual shouted “gun.” No weapon was found after a search of the area and the man apprehended.
Shortly after no longer being on the stage, Trump resumed his speech by thanking the Secret Service before moving on and finishing.
Trump made a statement on the incident.
I would like to thank the United States Secret Service and the law enforcement resources in Reno and the state of Nevada for their fast and professional response. I also want to thank the many thousands of people present for their unwavering and unbelievable support. Nothing will stop us – we will make America great again!
- Sessions fires former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump: Voters must support GOP in Pittsburgh-area House race
- Bernie Sanders to host Phoenix rally with two Arizona congressmen
- Lawsuit filed by parents of victim killed in Grand Canyon copter crash
- Arizonan could replace Hope Hicks as Trump’s communications director