Former GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson to campaign for Trump in Phoenix
PHOENIX — Former Republican presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson will campaign for Donald Trump in Phoenix over the weekend, it was announced Friday.
Carson will appear at two rallies on Saturday. The first will be held at 3 p.m. at the Arizona Republican Party’s headquarters, located near 24th Street and Osborn Road.
The second will be held an hour later at the Shea Boulevard Victory Office, located near Shea Boulevard and State Route 51.
Carson will be accompanied by Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin.
Carson is no stranger to campaign events in Arizona. Before he dropped out of the Republican race in March, he campaigned in the state on his own behalf.
At one point, a poll said Carson led Trump in Arizona. However, Carson’s national numbers dropped shortly after and he exited the race.
- Arizona congressman has hopes tax bill helps all Americans
- Cards Against Humanity hopes to stop construction of Trump’s border wall
- Boehner: Trump has been ‘divisive’ but ‘sometimes very effective’
- Big House victory for GOP tax plan, but Senate fate unclear
- 1st GOP senator opposes tax bill in early sign of problems