Sections of I-10 closed throughout Phoenix over weekend
Weekend travelers, beware: parts of Interstate 10 near downtown Phoenix will be closed for scheduled maintenance in the Deck Park tunnel. However, the planned closures are only expected to occur mostly during the night.
In addition to the Deck Park tunnel closures, there will be restrictions along the westbound Loop 202 between McDowell and Gilbert roads in Mesa.
The Arizona Department of Transportation urges drivers to consider alternate routes, and to allow extra travel time during these areas.
Here are the scheduled restrictions:
• Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between the I-17 “Stack” interchange and State Route 51 from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (Nov. 5) for tunnel maintenance. Both of the Interstate 17 ramps to the eastbound Interstate 10 at the “Stack” will be closed.
• Westbound Interstate 10 closed between the I-17 “Split” interchange — near Sky Harbor Airport — and Seventh Avenue from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Nov. 6). Southbound State Route 51 ramp to the westbound Interstate 10 will also be closed.
• Westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between McDowell and Gilbert Roads from 10 p.m Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov. 7) for widening project work.
• Westbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed down to one lane in areas between Verrado Way and State Route 85 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday (Nov. 5) for additional asphalt paving. The westbound Interstate 10 on-ramp at Verrado Way and westbound off- and on-ramps at Watson Road will also be closed throughout Saturday (Nov. 5).
• Grand Avenue (U.S. 60) closed in both directions overnight between Dysart and Litchfield Roads from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights (Nov. 4-5) for installation of fencing on future Bell Road over pass and painting.
• Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 closed continuously from 7 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Thursday (Nov. 10) for overhead-ramp construction.
• U.S. 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed for short periods of time in either direction between Rural Road and Interstate 10 from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Sunday (Nov. 6) for cable work.
For a complete list of road restrictions, please visit ADOT’s Travel Information site or call 5-1-1.
- FBI warning Arizonans of ‘virtual kidnapping’ phone scam
- Arizona law enforcement agencies seek to recruit young people
- 9-year-old boy saves self, dog from Phoenix house fire
- Phoenix market collecting donations for Mexico earthquake victims
- Arizona attorney general: Phoenix police rule does not violate SB 1070