Website: Donald Trump will claim narrow win over Hillary Clinton in Arizona
PHOENIX — Much has been made of Arizona’s potential to vote for a Democratic presidential candidate in the upcoming election, but one of the most accurate polling sites said that is untrue.
FiveThirtyEight.com, which has accurately predicted numerous races in past years, said Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will likely beat rival Hillary Clinton by more than three points in Arizona.
To make its assessment, FiveThirtyEight collected 67 different polls and statistically weighted them based on each poll’s historical accuracy and methodology.
In addition, the website said Trump has a 71 percent chance of winning all 11 of Arizona’s Electoral College votes, which would be a large boost for his campaign.
KTAR political analyst Mike O’Neil said Tuesday’s election is going to be a nail-biter.
“They’re going to have to count the votes,” he said. “There is no question about that.”
- Congress tasked with keeping families together, despite Trump’s order
- White House deputy chief of staff to leave in July
- Sens. McCain, Coons urge Trump to withdraw migration nominee
- Deported parents could face barriers when reuniting with their children
- Sen. Jeff Flake seeking info on separation of asylum-seeking families