PHOENIX — Much has been made of Arizona’s potential to vote for a Democratic presidential candidate in the upcoming election, but one of the most accurate polling sites said that is untrue.
FiveThirtyEight.com, which has accurately predicted numerous races in past years, said Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will likely beat rival Hillary Clinton by more than three points in Arizona.
To make its assessment, FiveThirtyEight collected 67 different polls and statistically weighted them based on each poll’s historical accuracy and methodology.
In addition, the website said Trump has a 71 percent chance of winning all 11 of Arizona’s Electoral College votes, which would be a large boost for his campaign.
KTAR political analyst Mike O’Neil said Tuesday’s election is going to be a nail-biter.
“They’re going to have to count the votes,” he said. “There is no question about that.”
- White House says Trump will not pardon Arpaio at Phoenix rally
- Arizona congressman says President Donald Trump is ‘clearly a racist’
- Live blog: President Donald Trump visits Yuma, hosts rally in Phoenix
- Opinion: Five things to watch for during Trump’s Phoenix rally
- Arizona political leaders speak ahead of Trump’s rally in Phoenix