Bernie Sanders to campaign for Hillary Clinton in Arizona this weekend
PHOENIX — Bernie Sanders will campaign on Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s behalf in Arizona this weekend, her campaign confirmed Thursday.
Clinton’s campaign confirmed the former presidential candidate will appear at Central High School, located near Central Avenue and Indian School Road, in Phoenix at 11:45 a.m. Sunday. Doors for the event will open one hour prior.
Sanders’ stop in Arizona is part of a 12-state tour.
“I am working as hard as I can to see that Donald Trump is defeated, that Hillary Clinton is elected president and that Democrats gain control of the U.S. House and U.S. Senate,” Sanders said in a press release.
This weekend’s visit will not be the first time Sanders has campaigned for Clinton in Arizona. Earlier this month, the Vermont senator held rallies in Flagstaff and Tucson to encourage voters to hit the polls early.
- Sen. Jeff Flake keeping focus on job, not primary noise
- Rep. Andy Biggs calls for Mueller to step away, investigation into Clinton
- Trump promises ‘fight’ after McCain slams ‘spurious nationalism’
- A short-term health deal by senators _ but Trump a question
- Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon attending Ward event in Arizona