Fly the W! Hillary Clinton watches Cubs win on tablet after Phoenix-area rally
PHOENIX — Longtime Chicago Cubs fan and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton had one thing on her mind after a Phoenix-area rally on Wednesday: Baseball.
During the rally at Arizona State University in Tempe, Clinton was all business. She had nothing but good things to say about the campus, but hit some of the state’s leaders, particularly embattled Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, hard.
She also offered promises of hope and equal rights that payed well with supporters.
But once the lights dimmed, it was back to the Series. The Illinois native may have been a presidential nominee in front of the crowd, but an Associated Press photographer caught her enjoying the win like any other fan after her speech.
- Mob hit man ‘Sammy The Bull’ freed early from Arizona drug conviction
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Arizona congresswoman hopes Trump meeting start of bipartisan work
- Neiman Marcus closing Last Call outlet at Tempe mall
- Son of actor Jean-Claude Van Damme is arrested in Arizona