Fly the W! Hillary Clinton watches Cubs win on tablet after Phoenix-area rally
PHOENIX — Longtime Chicago Cubs fan and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton had one thing on her mind after a Phoenix-area rally on Wednesday: Baseball.
During the rally at Arizona State University in Tempe, Clinton was all business. She had nothing but good things to say about the campus, but hit some of the state’s leaders, particularly embattled Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, hard.
She also offered promises of hope and equal rights that payed well with supporters.
But once the lights dimmed, it was back to the Series. The Illinois native may have been a presidential nominee in front of the crowd, but an Associated Press photographer caught her enjoying the win like any other fan after her speech.
- Tempe police: Father, son found dead inside ‘hoarding house’
- Andy Biggs calls AG Sessions’ decision to fire McCabe ‘justified’
- Some students won’t pay more under Arizona university tuition proposals
- Women arrested after posting video insulting Muslims at Tempe mosque
- Phoenix Rising releases renderings of future MLS stadium in Tempe