Study: Phoenix ranks high in best cities for job seekers
PHOENIX — Finding employment in today’s job market can be tough, but those searching for their next gig in Phoenix may be in just the right spot.
A new study from the housing service ABODO ranked Phoenix as one of the top cities nationwide in three of the five fastest-growing occupations for job seekers.
The study used job density data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics as its main source of information, and limited its research to the 25 most populous cities in the United States.
Phoenix’s highest ranking came in the construction and extraction occupations, where the city was ranked fifth in job density. They ranked sixth for community and social service occupations, and placed tenth in employment for computer and mathematics.
The city was left off the top ten for health care practitioners and technical occupations, and also in the category arts, design, entertainments and sports media.
The full report from ABODO can be found here.
- Harvey-related gas prices should drop soon in Arizona
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Arizona lawmakers say global subsidies threaten local airline jobs