Main Street Minute: Scottsdale nonprofit raises $400K for kids’ charities
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Scottsdale Active 20-30 Club announced it raised nearly $400,000 for Valley children during a recent fundraiser. The money will go to more than a dozen local kids’ charities.
• Capilano Properties wants to hire leasing agents for a West Valley apartment complex. A Monday job fair runs from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Diamonte on Bell apartments near 35th Avenue and Bell Road.
- Dog dies in Maricopa County animal shelter from ‘strep zoo’ infection
- Arizonans bought more than 86,000 pounds of medical marijuana last year
- Phoenix man sentenced to prison for planning ISIS-inspired attack
- Arizona man reels in fish with human-like teeth at a Tucson lake
- Arizona is home to the nation’s fifth-highest poverty rates