FedEx plane catches fire on Fort Lauderdale runway, FAA issues ground stop
For the second time on Friday, the Federal Aviation Administration issued a ground stop after a plane caught fire on an airport runway.
ABC News reported a FedEx cargo plane caught fire on the runway at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport after the landing gear collapsed.
The fire was visible from the terminal and several people were able to catch the plane on video.
It is unknown if anyone was injured in the Fort Lauderdale incident.
Earlier Friday, an American Airlines plane bound for Miami ignited on the runway at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport after a tire blow out.
Seven passengers and a flight attendant reported minor injuries in the Chicago incident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Police looking to charge 14-year-old boy in deadly car accident in Phoenix
- Shared-kitchen fire damages 2 Chandler restaurants
- Bisbee to use insurance money to construct new city hall
- Video shows plane attempting to land during powerful storm in Europe
- One person killed after plane crashes in Cochise County