For the second time on Friday, the Federal Aviation Administration issued a ground stop after a plane caught fire on an airport runway.
ABC News reported a FedEx cargo plane caught fire on the runway at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport after the landing gear collapsed.
The fire was visible from the terminal and several people were able to catch the plane on video.
It is unknown if anyone was injured in the Fort Lauderdale incident.
Earlier Friday, an American Airlines plane bound for Miami ignited on the runway at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport after a tire blow out.
Seven passengers and a flight attendant reported minor injuries in the Chicago incident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Two hurt as small plane crashes near airport in north part of Phoenix
- Police arrest man suspected of setting Phoenix LGBTQ center on fire
- Peoria firefighter to receive national award for bravery
- Man killed in early morning fire at Phoenix family home
- Fire destroys popular Mining Camp Restaurant near Phoenix