I-10 westbound reopened near Casa Grande after being closed due to fatal crash
After a fatal crash closed the I-10 westbound going from Casa Grande to the Phoenix area Thursday night, the area was reopened a few hours later.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the closure at milepost 179 was for a two-vehicle collision involving a fatality.
At the time, ADOT recommended a detour using State Route 187 for those looking to get through the area.
- Arizona is home to the nation’s fifth-highest poverty rates
- Scottsdale named among best cities for renters, Glendale among worst
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- Officials investigating three rabies cases in southern Arizona
- Why wasn’t Arizona chosen for Amazon’s second headquarters?