Valley freeway restrictions for weekend of Oct. 28-31
The Arizona Department of Transporation has released their weekend freeway travel advisory for the weekend of Oct. 28-31, giving Valley drivers a heads-up on any projects and closures on major Arizona freeways.
As always, ADOT recommends planning ahead and giving yourself extra time driving in the following areas.
• Eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between Gilbert Road and McDowell Road (southeast of Power Road) from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 31) for widening project.
• Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane in areas between Verrado Way and State Route 85 from 10 p.m. Friday to 11 p.m. Sunday (Oct. 30) for rubberized asphalt paving. Westbound I-10 on-ramp at Verrado Way and westbound off- and on-ramps at Watson and Miller roads closed at times Saturday (Oct. 29). Note: Times are approximate and subject to change as paving work progresses.
• Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to southbound State Route 85 closed from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 29) for pavement improvements. Note: Times are approximate and subject to change as pavng work progresses.
• Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) connection to westbound Pecos Road closed at Interstate 10 from 3 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday (Oct. 30) for utility work.
• Grand Avenue (US 60) closed in both directions overnight between Dysart and Litchfield roads from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights (Oct. 28-29) for painting of Bell Road bridge.
• Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 closed from 3 a.m. Saturday to 5 p.m. Sunday (Oct. 30) for overhead-ramp construction.
• Southbound State Route 51 on-ramp from eastbound Bell Road closed from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 29) for city of Phoenix utility project. Note: Westbound Bell Road access to southbound SR 51 on-ramp will remain open.
- Border agents arrest large group of illegal aliens in southern Arizona
- AAA Arizona expects record-breaking travelers over holiday weekend
- Grand Canyon eases water restrictions after pump repair
- Latino leaders question Census head over citizenship query
- Free HIV testing to be offered around the Valley on June 27