KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Arizona drivers who have ordered pink ribbon breast cancer awareness specialty license plates have helped raise $2 million for cancer screening and treatment over the past decade.The Arizona Department of Transportation has issued 110,000 of the plates since 2006.
• The Phoenix Fire Department has been awarded more than $130,000 from the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety. The grant money will be used for child safety, pedestrian and bike safety, among other things.
- Phoenix firefighter accused of assaulting wife’s boyfriend
- Main Street Minute: Valley restaurant chain Scramble cooking up expansion
- Main Street Minute: Glendale complex to host Fourth of July fireworks
- Main Street Minute: New Grand Canyon helicopter tour available
- Phoenix roller skating rink roof collapses after closing time