Girls hit by unaware driver while pushing their car along Phoenix street
PHOENIX — Two teen girls were in a hospital with serious injuries after a driver rear-ended their car in Phoenix and pinned the girls between the vehicles.
Police said the girls had been pushing a disabled car along Cactus Road near 28th Avenue to a gas station late Tuesday. Two other girls were in the car.
Another car then hit the girls’ car from behind, trapping the teenagers.The two girls inside the car were uninjured.
The driver of the other car suffered minor injuries.
The girls ranged in age from 15 to 17. The car had run out of gas.
- Hungry holidays? 1 in 7 Arizona homes suffer from food anxiety, expert says
- Arizona ruling could make child sex exploitation tougher to prosecute
- Rain, chilly weather in the weekend forecast for Phoenix
- Health insurance open enrollment faces final day
- Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company to open downtown Phoenix location