Kingman, Lake Havasu City community has one of the highest heart attack rates
Incidents of heart attack can be scary, but it may even be more scary how often people get heart attacks in a certain area in Arizona.
According to the “2015 Community Rankings for Incidence of Heart Attack,” the Lake Havasu City-Kingman area has some of the most incidents of heart attacks in the entire country.
Out of the 190 communities where the study was performed, the Lake Havasu City-Kingman region ranked at No. 185, or sixth worst on the list.
Just over seven percent of their residents have endured at least one heart attack, with obesity being seen as the main reason for that high of a number.
Three other communities in Arizona were looked at; Tucson, Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale and Prescott. Prescott was named the worst out of the three, as 5.4 percent of its residents have had at least one heart attack.
In the Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale community, 3.6 percent of residents have had a heart attack, compared to the 3.4 percent of residents in Tucson.
Charleston, West Virginina, was named the worst place out of the 190 communities, as almost nine percent of its residents have dealt with the cardiac arrest. Boulder, Colorado, has had the lowest amount of residents in its city deal with one, coming in at 1.3 percent.
- Here is why California’s musical road sounds absolutely out of tune
- Sens. McCain, Flake propose budget amendment for wildfire funding
- Scottsdale organization provides free help to single parents battling cancer
- Phoenix’s first shopping mall to get $57M transformation
- Arizona surgeon accused of forging signatures on opioid prescriptions