Main Street Minute: Charter school group to open another Phoenix-area campus
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A Valley-based charter school network is expanding. Great Hearts Academies has announced plans to build a $17 million campus near 32nd Street and Thunderbird Road that will serve as home to Archway North Phoenix and North Phoenix Prep schools. The new campus is scheduled to open in August.
• The Phoenix Suns and Northern Arizona University are accepting nominations for their Educator of the Month program. High school students can nominate a teacher online. Six honorees will be recognized throughout the season and will receive lower-level game tickets and a team shop gift card.
- 43 million tourists spent $22 billion in Arizona last year, research finds
- Gosar endorses Ward over McSally in divisive Senate race
- Missouri-based Park University to open Gilbert campus later this year
- Organization aiming to relaunch migrant foster program in Phoenix
- Muslim group condemns Gosar over support of jailed far-right UK activist