Main Street Minute: Charter school group to open another Phoenix-area campus
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A Valley-based charter school network is expanding. Great Hearts Academies has announced plans to build a $17 million campus near 32nd Street and Thunderbird Road that will serve as home to Archway North Phoenix and North Phoenix Prep schools. The new campus is scheduled to open in August.
• The Phoenix Suns and Northern Arizona University are accepting nominations for their Educator of the Month program. High school students can nominate a teacher online. Six honorees will be recognized throughout the season and will receive lower-level game tickets and a team shop gift card.
- Pinal County plans to reroute highway off tribe’s land
- Arizona’s economy, population growth ranked above national average
- Crash shuts down part of US 93, slows traffic between Phoenix and Las Vegas
- This neighborhood has fastest rising rents, home values in Phoenix area
- Arizona has second-highest growth rate in US for Alzheimer’s diagnoses