Main Street Minute: Charter school group to open another Phoenix-area campus
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A Valley-based charter school network is expanding. Great Hearts Academies has announced plans to build a $17 million campus near 32nd Street and Thunderbird Road that will serve as home to Archway North Phoenix and North Phoenix Prep schools. The new campus is scheduled to open in August.
• The Phoenix Suns and Northern Arizona University are accepting nominations for their Educator of the Month program. High school students can nominate a teacher online. Six honorees will be recognized throughout the season and will receive lower-level game tickets and a team shop gift card.
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake is supportive of tax plan but wants tweaks
- First case of hantavirus in 2017 reported in northern Arizona
- Man admits to trying to steal train near downtown Phoenix
- Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston denies groping Uber driver in Scottsdale