President Obama joins Jimmy Kimmel to read mean tweets
Public figures have to take a lot of abuse and nowhere is that more obvious than in politics.
But politicians have to keep smiling. And sometimes they laugh outright.
As his days in the White House near an end, President Barack Obama stopped by late-night TV show “Jimmy Kimmel Live” on Monday to read aloud negative tweets about himself.
Making his second appearance on the popular “Mean Tweets” segment, the president shared rude, abusive, insulting social media posts written about him. He laughed at many of them.
Obama read tweets that described him as the Nickelback of presidents, mocked his physique and likened him to mustard on a hot dog and terrible hair conditioner.
Then he read this one:
“President Obama will go down as perhaps the worst president in the history of the United States!”
Obama smirked and said, “Well, @realDonaldTrump, at least I will go down as a president.”
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- US beefs up NKorea sanctions, Kim Jong Un insults Trump,
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood