Spooky good time: Gilbert, Chandler honored as two of the best cities for Halloween
There are many great things to do in the Phoenix area around Halloween time, as illustrated in our fall fun map, but it’s also getting clearer that the same area offers some of the best fun around the country.
According to a study by WalletHub, seven Arizona cities were named in the top 100 as the best cities for Halloween. Those named were Gilbert, Chandler, Phoenix, Mesa, Glendale, Scottsdale and Tucson.
Of the 100 cities named, Gilbert was ranked No. 6 in the nation, while Chandler earned No. 22.
The ranking was made based off of 18 indicators where people can have a good time without spending a lot of money. The three main categories were “Trick-or-Treater Friendliness,” “Halloween Parties and Activities,” and “Halloween Weather.”
Surprisingly, none of the seven Arizona cities were named in the top 60 for the best Halloween weather. The best ranking any of the seven got was for the trick-or-treat category, where Gilbert was named the fourth best in terms of friendliest.
If you feel like getting out of the state in late October, try going to the West Coast, as Santa Ana, California, was named the best Halloween city in the nation.
- Cold case suspect in Tucson slayings found in Atlanta
- McDowell Mountain Music Festival announces their March lineup
- Phoenix neighborhood to get cheap access to bike share after grant
- National Park Service seeks ways to manage non-native fish in Arizona
- Mexican officials find pot-launching bazooka near Arizona border