Main Street Minute: Several companies ready to meet with job seekers in Phoenix
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Job seekers can meet with hiring managers from companies such as Avnet, Make-a-Wish and more Monday at the airport Hilton in Phoenix. The hiring fair runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the hotel near 48th Street and University Drive.
• The Arizona Department of Corrections has received more than $900,000 from the governor’s office. The money will support technology-based career training to 135 moderate to high-risk inmates in Florence and toward a program to help reduce the number of repeat offenders.
- Arizonans spent $10M on specialty license plates for first time ever
- 43 million tourists spent $22 billion in Arizona last year, research finds
- Gosar endorses Ward over McSally in divisive Senate race
- Missouri-based Park University to open Gilbert campus later this year
- Organization aiming to relaunch migrant foster program in Phoenix